P.E and Sports Premium
At Waterbeach Community Primary School we feel that Physical Education plays an important role in helping us to fulfil our vision statement of Learning, Laughter and Friendship.
Our aim is to encourage all children, regardless of their age or ability, to lead physically active and healthy lifestyles, to be given opportunity to develop their confidence and skill in a broad range of physical activities, to engage in competitive sports and activities and to be physically active for sustained periods of time.
Why not take a closer look at our PE curriculum!
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is continuing to provide schools with PE and Sport Premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they offer.
Schools can use the premium to secure improvements in the following indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
See the attachments below to find out how we have chosen to spend the Sports Premium Grant and view our end of year swimming results.