Home School Agreement
Home School Agreement 2017
Home School Agreements are no longer statutory for schools from January 2016.
However at Waterbeach Community School we believe that it is important for us all to know what is expected of everyone so that we can all work together for the good of the children in our care.
The school will do its best to;
- Provide a safe, secure and caring learning environment;
- Teach and encourage the children to do their best to develop a growth mind set so that they can achieve their full potential as a valued member of the school community;
- Develop in each child positive values and a caring attitude towards the school community and the environment;
- Provide a balanced, motivating curriculum and meet the individual needs of every child;
- Set regular homework and to mark it if appropriate;
- Be welcoming and offer opportunities for parents/carers to become involved in and find out about, the daily life of the school;
- Contact parents/carers as soon as concerns are raised about a child’s work, behaviour, attendance or punctuality;
- Have a clear and consistent approach to rewards and sanctions for children as set out in the Behaviour Policy;
- Communicate between home and school through notices, newsletters, website and meetings.
We expect parents to do their best to;
- See that children attend school regularly, are punctual, properly equipped and ready to learn;
- Inform the school on the first day of absence;
- Raise any concerns or problems that might affect a child’s ability to learn or behave appropriately;
- Support the school to make sure their child maintains good behaviour;
- Support their child with homework and other home learning opportunities and listen to their child read daily;
- Attend parent meetings with the teacher to discuss their child’s achievements and progress;
- Support all staff in their efforts to create a caring community which values children and their rights;
- Support the school in getting any help a child may need;
- Read all letters/messages/emails that are sent home;
- Inform the school immediately of any changes to parents/carer and emergency contacts details.
We expect children to do their best to;
- Work hard and listen carefully to instructions;
- Come to school regularly and on time;
- Follow the school and class rules;
- Behave well at all times.
- Be polite, friendly and helpful to other children and all adults;
- Tell somebody if there is something I am not happy about;
- Do my homework regularly and return it to school on time;
- Bring all the equipment I need every day including my PE kit, book bag and reading books;
- Take good care of the school environment and living things.